Monday 28 May 2012

U2, sound effects and listening to your own advice.

Hi All,

I thought I'd play a little U2 earlier this month. I don't really like them to be honest, but this has got to be one of the very few tunes of theirs I like.

To play it though requires a bit of thought. They have that weird bend in, so you apply an octave bend to your pedal, but then you realise you have a wah sound over the top of that. It's a bit awkward to play with only one pedal. To that end I went to soundcloud and played the verse differently every time.

Here it is:


Hold me thrill me kiss me kill me Cover by Hand by Calloused Hand


After about an hour of playing it back to myself, my wife and kids, etc... I decided a mix of 1 and 3 wouldn't sound too bad, so I went for that for the video and then completely failed to listen to myself.

Here's the video:



Let me know what you think or if you have any ideas on that sound effect.

Thanks for reading,

No comments:

Post a Comment