Friday 3 August 2012

Michael Addison - Blinding Shadows review


Hi all,

Its the school holidays over here in the UK at the moment. All the kids are off, and the parents have been forced to have at least one weeks holiday during this time to look after their Offspring.

I decided I'd take the kids to a tank museum, as our big thing to do, as I thought it'd be cool. Small children, large explosions, tanks and things always, always go together. The only pain was that the vending machines were out of order so I had to ram one slightly to the annoyance of the staff.

I was shocked when I checked my bank balance. I had to blink. £182!
There was only one thing for it. Get drunk, although my wife doesn't like it when I ask her "What's my age again?" while falling downstairs on a homemade skateboard. No Regrets there. It's what you see in those college freshman movies right?

You will like this album if you are into pop rock. You don't need to listen with All Your Might.

Why the rambling story? Well, in case you hadn't noticed I've hidden most of my review in there. You'll find bands, tracks and comparisons. This is exactly what you'll find with Michael Addisons new album "Blinding Shadows". Inside the beats and riffs and lyrics you will find some of your favourite ear fodder. Some of it more blatant than others, but it does mean that it'll go down easily. You've heard it before, you're ready for it. You are already a fan.

My only negative point is that, yes, the album has a story but, it goes through several genres and feels disjointed. If you want proof of that, the one track you want to listen to is "You Tonight". Don't get me wrong, it's a good track. But all the varying timings, beats and fills just leave you reeling.

Vocally, if Joey Ramone never smoked, never drank and went down the Gym every Tuesday night with a guy called Terry, this is what you would produce. Its great. Lyrically, he's not brilliant. He won't paint a masterpiece in your mind while you listen. Saying that he will make you sing along, and thats the point. It's music to sing along to, not music to listen to.

Michael Addisons Album "Blinding Shadows" will be released on the 2nd October.

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment